The Tolland Agriculture Commission was established to support and expand upon Tolland's agricultural heritage. The Commission is charged by the Town Council with the following:
- To research a "Right to Farm" ordinance for consideration by the Town Council,
- To survey farmers/producers/landowners to update the inventory of agricultural land and working farms,
- To work with farmers and town commissions for a greater understanding of agriculture,
- To promote locally grown and produced agriculture products and their benefits,
- To apply for grants to help the promotion of locally grown products and to help fund the preservation of agricultural land,
- To research the best uses and management of town owned agricultural land and oversee those uses,
- To serve as a central location for agricultural resources for farmers, the public and town commissions,
- To work with animal control and public safety for emergency preparedness for livestock owners and sensitive agricultural structures such as greenhouses,
- To advocate for more locally produced food in our school cafeterias,
- To support groups and organizations in their pursuit of agricultural interests,
- To work with the town to establish a process for use/lease of town owned agricultural land, and
- To interface with the Farmer's Market for the promotion of locally grown products.
Like us on facebook "Tolland Agriculture Commission".