The Town of Tolland utilizes the Council-Manager form of government. The Town Council is the legislative or policy-determining branch of the municipal government. This legislative body is composed of seven members who are elected at large for two year terms.
The Town Council provides the oversight and leadership required to establish policies that guide the direction of the Town and ensure the optimum delivery of services to residents in the most cost-effective manner possible. Members of the Town Council serve without compensation and elect their own chairperson and vice chairperson. The policies that are established by the Town Council are delegated to the Office of the Town Manager for execution.
2011-2013 TOWN COUNCIL:
Town Council Members from left to right:
Mark Gill, Sam Belsito, Chair Jack Scavone, Joshua Freeman
Benjamin Stanford, Jan Rubino, Vice-Chair Rick Field
The Town Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at 7:30 p.m.in the Hicks Memorial Municipal Center (town hall) at 21 Tolland Green. Meetings are held in the sixth floor Council Chambers.
All meetings (with the exception of Executive Sessions) are open to the public. Meeting agendas are posted in the town hall, are filed in the Town Clerk’s Office, and are posted on this website. Meeting minutes are filed in the Town Clerk’s Office and are posted on this website.
- Click here to access Town Council meeting agendas
- Click here to access Town Council meeting minutes
- Click here for the Community Voice Channel schedule to view televised meetings
- To watch meeting via live stream return to our home page and click “Video Streaming for Town Council Meetings”
CONTACT YOUR TOWN COUNCIL:
Correspondence or messages for the Council can be sent via the Town Manager’s Office at 21 Tolland Green, Tolland, CT 06084, phone: (860) 871-3600.
To contact the Town Council via e-mail, you may use the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org, or, use the individual e-mail addresses below.
CURRENT TOWN COUNCIL MEMBERS:
Jack Scavone, Chair (R) – email@example.com
Mark Gill, (R) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Samuel P. Belsito (R) – email@example.com
Rick Field, Vice Chair (D) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Joshua Freeman, (D) – email@example.com
Jan Rubino, (D) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Benjamin W. Stanford, (R) – email@example.com
- Click here to view the Town Council Rules of Procedure (approved November 9, 2011)
- Click here to view the Town Council Goals for 2011-2013 (approved December 27, 2011)
- Click here to view the Town Council Goals for 2009-2011
- Click here to view the Town Charter (approved May 2004)
- Click here to view the Code of the Town of Tolland