The Tolland Assessor’s Office has completed the 2019 revaluation of all real property.
What is the home owners role in the Revaluation?
Since the last revaluation conducted in 2014, real estate values have changed. The basic idea behind a revaluation of all properties is to adjust the values of all real property with in the town boundaries to redistribute any unfair tax burden that is a result of a changing market. Below are the schedule of tasks.
- Data Mailers were sent to homeowners that have not had an inspection in the last 5 years. We ask that those mailers are returned with any changes that need to be made or considered in regards to their property.
- Inspections followed the data mailers if the changes received back are more than minor.
- Home inspections began in July and should take 10-15 minutes.
- Sales that occurred from 10/01/2018 - 10/1/2019 were be analyzed and used to help determine new values for the whole town.
- A field review of all properties was conducted at the conclusion of the project.
- Notification of a new valuation were sent the second week of December and will take 5-7 days to arrive in mailboxes.
- Informal hearings will take place for those wishing to discuss their new values at the conclusion of the project.