The Finance Department is responsible for all aspects of the financial functions of a municipal government. The Department’s mission is to administer cash management, accounts payable, general ledger record keeping and payroll responsibilities to provide complete, timely, and accurate financial information to the Town management and others to assist in decision making.
The Department also provides the following services:
- Compiles Annual Operating Budget and Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the Town Manager's review.
- Prepares financing plan for funding capital projects.
- Schedules bond issues in accordance with CIP and prepares Official statements and works with the Town’s Financial Advisor for bond issuance.
- Meets with rating agency’s to attain a rating for bond sales.
- The Director of Finance & Records provides oversight for five operating divisions (Finance/Accounting/Treasurer, Assessor, Revenue Collector, Town Clerk and Information Technology).
In most cases, responses to emails shall be handled during normal business hours.