Tolland Conservation Commission's
Fifth Annual Town-wide Photo & Poetry Contest
Submission Deadline is August 1, 2021
The Commission is pleased to see many more Tolland residents hiking our trails in the past year.
The Three Categories For This Year Are:
- Natural Landscape Photography on Tolland Trails
- People Photography on the Tolland Trails
- Poetry on the Tolland Trails
- Photos must be taken in the Town of Tolland by Tolland residents;
- Images should be of a family-appropriate subject matter and can be in any season;
- Photos may be color or black & white;
- Judges will be looking for photos that are in focus, of balanced composition, creativity, good exposure and higher resolution;
- You may submit up to two photos per category (a maximum of 4 photographs);
- Please put “2021 Photo & Poetry Contest” as the subject in the email or the submission will be rejected;
- Please put photo information including a title for the photo in the body of the email and once it has been accepted, you will receive an acknowledgement email.
- If you win a prize, you must provide the Tolland Conservation Commission with written consent of any person who appears in your winning photograph;
- All entries become the property of the Tolland Conservation Commission and the Town of Tolland, with shared rights for unlimited reproduction in print and electronic publications, or other promotional materials, for an unlimited period of time. Published photos will be given photo credit; published poems will be given credit;
- Conservation Commissioners and their family members are not eligible;
- All decisions by the judges are final.
Where to send the photo or poetry entries, and what to include in your submission:
Submit digital photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org (jpeg format is preferred). No printed copies.
Each image must include the following information and photo identification:
- Photographer's name;
- Photographer’s address, email, and phone number so we can contact you if you win a prize;
- The photo location and date taken (ok to approximate);
- The photo or poetry category for your submission;
- The name/title you have given your image (e.g., "Evening Sunset") and a brief description.
- Please make your submission email subject line: 2021 Photo & Poetry Contest
- Keep the submission emails to a file size of 20MB or less.
A $50 gift card will be awarded to the best photo/poem in each of the three categories. Winners will be announced in August 2021 and prizes will be awarded in September 2021.