DIAL-A-RIDE Schedule Update Highlights:
HVCC transportation for Tolland seniors and disabled adults (18 years old and above) update as of 5/1/2021
- Rides given to medical appointments, grocery shopping, banking, laundromat, pharmacy, salon appointments, social appointments
- Dial-a-Ride travels to all locations in Vernon, Ellington and Tolland Monday through Friday.
- Rides are given on a first come first serve basis with priority given to medical appointments
- Registration is done over the phone
- Office hours Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Rides are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Call 860-870-7940 to schedule your ride
- Rides can be scheduled up to 8 weeks in advance
Providing a safe transit journey requires a partnership with our riders. We have placed posters from the Department of Public Health aboard all buses to remind rides how they can keep themselves and others healthy.
In order to continue to provide reliable safe transportation to the Tri Town area, a $2.00 donation is requested when boarding the bus per trip, round trip would be $4.00. Exact change is requested. There is a $20.00 annual fee beginning October 1st of each year and prorated after that.
Tolland residents who are at least 60 years of age or disabled adults (18 and above) qualify for the Dial-a-Ride service. Transportation is provided between 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Dial-a-Ride travels to all locations in Vernon, Ellington and Tolland including medical appointments, shopping, social and recreational. Whenever possible grocery and other shopping trips are provided on a group basis. They also go to Manchester on Mondays and Thursdays and Tamarack in South Windsor on the first and third Thursday for doctor’s appointments only.
In order to continue to provide reliable safe transportation to the Tri Town area, a $2.00 donation will be needed when boarding the van on each trip. Round trip costs $4.00. You must have the exact amount as the drivers will not have change. To make reservations, call 860-870-7940, Monday - Thursday between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m; Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.. (Closed for lunch Monday-Thursday 12:30-1:30 pm). Reservations can be made in advance, on a first come first serve basis. The minimum amount of time to make a reservation is one week in advance of the appointment.
Way to Go CT - Tolland Transportation options