To receive food from the Tolland Food Pantry, you must be a Tolland resident and meet the income requirements. For more information, contact Human Services at 860-871-3648.
Click here to download the application. Completed applications can be emailed to JPitney@tolland.org
Emergency Food Drive
Tolland Human Services Department is partnering with Tolland Emergency Management to hold a Food Drive. These items will be distributed to Tolland residents in need.
We are collecting non-perishable items - Please check expiration dates and do not bring any items that require refrigeration.
Items can be dropped off at the Tolland Fire Training Center - Mon-Fri 8am-12pm.
Please leave donations in the black trailer in front of the Fire Training Center at 191 Merrow Road
Current needs - week of May 24
Special request for June - personal care items (shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant)
Rice and pasta sides
Ramen noodle packs
Dried or canned beans
Baking needs (flour, sugar, oil)
Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels)
SNAP Program (formerly known as Food Stamp Program)
For eligibility and application assistance information, please contact SNAP Outreach Team 860-286-9999 x104
Foodshare Mobile Food Pantry
Mobile Foodshare is an outdoor food distribution for persons of low income. The food choices vary from week to week but usually include bread and several types of fresh produce. Other items may also be offered depending on availability.
The FoodShare Mobile Food Pantry is available in Tolland on alternate Thursdays:
- May 7 & 21
- June 4 & 18
- July 2, 16 & 30
- 10-10:30 a.m. in the parking lot adjacent to the United Congregational Church of Tolland, 45 Tolland Green.
- You are not required to go to the Food Pantry in your town, you may go to any location.
- Pre-registration and identification are not required.
- Once a year newcomers may be asked to complete a brief form verifying income and need for assistance.
- For more information about FoodShare, residents may contact FOODSHARE at (860) 286-9999 or the UCC office at (860) 875-4160.
- Visit the FOODSHARE website for other locations and schedules.
- Residents participating in the program must bring their own bags.