Welcome to the Kids/Teens page at the Tolland Public Library! The Children's and Teen Room serves children of all ages, as well as their parents and teachers. We have a wide collection, variety of programs, technology and DVDs.
*Please note that Children's Programs are cancelled when Tolland Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather*
Take Your Child to the Library Day
Saturday, February 1
All Day - Pirate Scavenger Hunt
Children of all ages can search for pirate related images around the Children's Department. Find them all and get a prize!
11am to 3pm - Golden Discovery Center
The Golden Discovery Center will be open to children and teens. Come experience virtual reality and more. Please call (860) 871-3620 to sign up for a time slot.
11am - Crumpled Paper Art & Story
Children ages 3 & up can listen to the story "Ish" by Peter H. Reynolds and create their own ish masterpiece. Registration is required, please sign up here.
2pm - The Secret Life of Pets 2
Families can watch "The Secret Life of Pets 2" (PG) while enjoying some snacks. You're welcome to bring your own blanket, snacks/drinks and set up an indoor picnic. No registration required.
Join Gary Duckett on Wednesdays for Kids Chess Club! This chess club is suggested for students in grades 3 and up but all ages are welcome. Players should have a basic knowledge of chess moves before joining the group. Please call or visit the library to sign up in advance. There is no program when there is no school.
Want to see our full list of Library programs or register for a program? Check out the Calendar of Events!
The library also offers families:
- Awe Learning Stations: computers designed for children ages 2-12 and offering over 70 educational activities.
- Hoopla: a digital media service that allows you to borrow movies, music, audibooks, ebooks and more with your library card. Get started here.
- Museum Passes: click here to see the full list
- OverDrive: borrow ebooks and audiobooks using your library card. Get started here.
- TumbleBooks: TumbleBookLibrary, a collection of animated, talking picture books, is now available from Tolland Public Library, through a generous gift from the Tolland Public Library Foundation. TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books and adding animation, sound, music, and narration to produce an electronic book which you can read, or have read to you. TumbleBooks are designed to teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. This exciting new resource may be accessed on public computers in the library, and at home through this link to TumbleBooks.