Click the following links for more information about each of these locations below:
64 Cider Mill Road
Crandall Park is the main park in town. It was started with the purchase of 37 acres back in 1969 and has since grown with additional acquisitions to its current size of over 400 acres. The original property including Crandall Pond was purchased from the Crandall family. Cider Mill Road got its name from the Cider Mill they operated where the diving board area on the beach is located now. The Park contains a mix of active and passive areas with approximately 20 acres developed, and the remaining 380 acres undeveloped. 140 acres of open space was purchased in 2000.
- Swimming Area (Seasonal) – Crandall Pond, 3 acres with sand beach, raft. Open 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Monday-Friday from mid-June to August
- Play Area – For kids ages 8 and up with parental supervision
- Three Hard Surface Tennis Courts/Pickleball Courts
- Lighted softball field with skin infield, 65 ft base paths, 280 ft outfield fence. Called Upper Crandall Field
- Baseball field with 60 ft base paths. Called Lower Crandall Field
- Basketball Court
- Hiking Trails – Approximately 3.8 miles of wooded trails, different types of terrain, easy to moderate walk, some steep hills on side trails. Click here to view or print a map.
- Powell Pond – 3 acre pond for non-motorized boating, stocked with largemouth bass & bluegills. Boat launch area located off Crandall 2 parking lot
- Accessible Fishing Bridge – Overlooking Powell Pond. Park in the main Crandall parking lot and follow the paved pathway past the lighted softball field to the bridge
- Crandall 2 – Multi-purpose field (softball/baseball/soccer), separate access road near Parks & Facilities garage (near highway underpass) on Cider Mill Road
- Lodge – Year-round rental facility for max of 100 people. For more information, see our rental page.
- Pavilion (open sided with picnic tables) available for rent. Maximum group size 100. Includes bathroom access, a sand volleyball court, and several sets of horseshoe pits. For more information, see our rental page.
167 Rhodes Road near Birch Grove School
Cross Farms is a 100 acre park. The site has handicapped accessible pathways and restrooms. The park also has an ADA playground called “Adam’s Adventure.”
- 3 Soccer Fields – 360 x 195
- 2 Baseball Fields – 90 ft bases
- 1 Baseball Field – 60 ft bases
- Hiking Trails around park perimeter. Click here to view or print a map.
- Family Fitness Trail – Built with donations from the Cider Mill Road Race
- 18 Hole Disc Golf Course
125 South River Road across from Woodhenge Drive
This parcel, purchased by the Town in 1993, was formerly a sand and gravel pit. It consists of 35 acres along the Willimantic River. The Park has good access to the river, including a nice canoe/kayak launching area and a hiking pathway along the river currently under construction. The Willimantic River Alliance is working to get this part of the river designated as a National Park Service Water Trail. For more information on the Willimantic River Alliance, click here to visit their official website.
- Basketball Court – 90 ft x 100 ft with 4 hoops
- Soccer Field – 300 yd x 195 yd
- Canoe Launch – Built in 1999 as an Eagle Scout Project
- Hiking Trails – Under construction along the river
- Ice Skating – Paved area opened in December 2003
461 South River Road
This 32.35 acre parcel was purchased in 1982 mainly for the establishment of a pumping station for one of the Town’s residential water systems. This site held the Town’s original little league fields when the program was first started. There is a river view at the entrance but no river access.
- Two baseball fields with 200 ft outfield fences and 60 ft base paths
In addition there are:
- 6 hard surface courts on Old Cathole Road between the Middle School and the High School. They are used for high school team play and Recreation Department lessons so check the posted schedule to avoid conflicts.
- 3 hard surface courts at Crandall Park. Courts are lighted from May to October
- Eagle Hill at Tolland High School
- Falcon Way at Tolland Middle School
- Please, no dogs, or bikes on tracks.
Crandall Park Open Swim & Beach Passes
There is a daily charge for open swim at Crandall Pond of $2.00 per person for residents and $5.00 per person for non-residents. The beach is scheduled to open for swimming starting in mid June. Pond is open Monday-Friday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Rental of the Pavilion does not include beach access.