HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION’S CHARGE:
- To hear and decide applications for certificates of appropriateness.
- To hear and decide applications to vary or modify strict adherence to the requirements of this chapter.
- To designate application forms and procedure and to set an application fee not to exceed the costs of publication of necessary legal notices.
- To make periodic reports to the legislative body.
- To provide information to property owners and others involving the preservation of the district.To suggest pertinent legislation.
- To initiate planning and zoning proposals.
- To cooperate with other regulatory agencies and civic organizations and groups interested in historic preservation.
- To comment on all applications for zoning variances and special exceptions where they affect historic districts.
- To render advice only on sidewalk construction and repair, tree planting, street improvements, storm drainage devices, curbs, street parking and traffic flow.
- To furnish information and advisory assistance in connection with any capital improvements programs involving the Historic District that is not otherwise subject to this chapter.
- To consult with groups of experts.
- To exercise any other powers granted to historic district commissions pursuant to the Connecticut General Statutes, §7-147a through 7-147k, not inconsistent with the terms of this chapter.
The Historic District Commission meets on an as-needed basis in the Hicks Memorial Municipal Center at 21 Tolland Green.
|Jonathan H. Gould||Vice Chair|
|Kathleen W. Bach||Member|
|Morgan Mariah Bumps||Alternate|