The Tolland Conservation Commission is conducting their First Annual Photo Contest and invites all qualifying Town residents to enter! Submission is free. Please see below for details.
The Three Photo Categories For This Year Are:
People On The Trails
Wildlife (animals, insects, birds, etc.)
Separate Young Photographers Category:
Tolland youth ages 12-18 may submit photos under any of the three categories. There will be a single, separate prize for youth photographers.
- Photos must be taken in the Town of Tolland by Tolland residents.
- Images should be of a family-appropriate subject matter and can be in any season.
- Photos may be color or black & white.
- Judges will be looking for photos that are in focus, of balanced composition, good exposure and higher resolution.
- You may submit up to two photos per category (a maximum of 6 photographs).
- Your submission has been accepted once you receive an acknowledgement email.
- If you win a prize, you must provide the Tolland Conservation Commission with written consent of any person who appears in your winning photograph.
- All entries become the property of the Tolland Conservation Commission and the Town of Tolland, with shared rights for unlimited reproduction in print and electronic publications, or other promotional materials, for an unlimited period of time. Published photos will be given photo credit.
- Conservation Commission and Conservation Corp members and their family members are not eligible.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
Where to send the photo entries, and what to include in your submission:
Submit digital photos to: email@example.com (jpeg format is preferred). No hard copies.
Each image must include the following information and photo identification:
- Photographer's name.
- Photographer’s age (only if entering in the Youth category).
- Photographer’s address, email, and phone number so we can contact you if you win a prize.
- The photo location and date taken (ok to approximate).
- The photo category for your submission.
- The name/title you have given your image (e.g., "Evening Sunset", Natural Landscapes).
- Please make your submission email subject line: Photo Contest.
- Keep the submission emails to a file size of 20MB or less.
A $40 LL Bean gift card will be awarded to the best photo in each of the three categories, and $40 LL Bean gift card will be awarded to the best photo in Young Photographers category. Prizes will be awarded in September 2017.