The Tolland Town Council adopted a Blight Ordinance, effective November 3, 2016. Here are key components you should be aware of:
- The Blight Ordinance (see attachment below) only applies to residential properties.
- Anyone may submit a blight complaint, but all complaints must be submitted using the Blight Complaint Form (see attachment below).
- Unsigned Blight Complaint Forms may be submitted, but will be given a lower priority than signed forms.
- Please pay close attention to the definition of "Blighted Premises" in Article 3. This definition spells out what types of conditions are considered blight.
- While staff will conduct an initial review of Blight Complaint Forms, the Blight Review Committee will make the ultimate determination of Blight.